Mithali Dorai Raj is an Indian cricketer and the captain of Indian women’s cricket team. She is regarded as the best women cricketer of all time. She is also referred to as the “Tendulkar of the women cricket”.
Women cricket have received immense name and fame in the recent past. As our Indian women cricket team has achieved a various milestone in the past few days. Some hands behind this glory are MITHALI RAJ, JHULAN GOSWAMI, HARMANPREET KAUR, SMRITI MANDHANA, EKTA BISHT, MANSI JOSHI, THIRUSH KAMINI, VEDA KRISHNAMURTHY, SHIKHA PANDEY, DEEPTI SHARMA AND MANY MORE. These players have gained so much respect in past days that they together have changed the whole scenario of women’s cricket in India. Now women cricket is watched all over the country, they have been appreciated for their work.
Mithali Raj has many records:
- She is the only women cricketer to surpass 6000 runs in international cricket.
- She is the first women cricketer to hit 7 consecutive 50s in ODIs.
- In June 2018 during the 2018 women t20 Asia cup, she became the first player from India to score 2000 runs in t20.
- Mithali Raj beat Rohit Sharma to become the highest run scorer for India in T20. She has scored a total of 2283 runs in t20 cricket.
- Mithali Raj is the only player (male or female) to have captained India in more than one ICC ODI World Cup final, in the year 2005 and 2018.
Mithali Raj has recently beaten Rohit Sharma to become the highest run scorer in t20. She surpasses Rohit Sharma record of 2214 runs, and now leading with the total of 2283 runs. She has surpassed this record while playing in the women t20 world cup, against Pakistan. The 35-year-old went past Rohit when she scored a brilliant 56 off 47 balls against Pakistan in India’s second match of the ongoing World T20 tournament. Mithali, who scored a magnificent 51 off 56 balls, now has 2283 T20I runs under her name, while Rohit and Kohli have 2207 and 2102 international T20 runs respectively. Mithali has played 80 T20 international innings so far, while Rohit has also played 80 and Virat 58.
Mithali Raj is one of the diamonds on the women cricket team. She has outplayed all the records under the belt.