Ambika Lal, a former lawyer turned into a designer. With a successful running designer label- Ambika Lal. You can check her clothing brand at www.ambikalal.com
1. Please tell us about your early life
I have been a professional lawyer and have worked with some of the top law firms in India. Post that I started with my brand Ambika Lal- under which I have a designer label Ambika Lal Designs, an organic skincare brand.
I am also a motivational speaker for universities and corporates, including Birla group, JLL India.
I am also a qualified Makeup artist and stylist from London School of Makeup.
2. How do you manage to be a designer, image consultant, makeup artist and function the skincare brand at once?
I can confidently tell you that once you enjoy and love what you do- the time is never a hindrance. You do sacrifice your sleep and a few vacations but by the end, its Totally worth it!
3. How much do you devote in a day working?
My entire day is devoted towards growing my brand!! And I am super proud to be able to do that!
4. What made you drop being a lawyer and become a designer?
It was for my husband, hahaha no, on a serious note- I was a capital markets lawyer and Kolkata has no stock exchange! Also, I wanted to give in to my passion and start something on my own.
5. How do you feel after achieving all of this in life?
I feel blessed, this is something that gives me satisfaction and motivation to work even harder. There is nothing one can’t achieve if you are genuine about the hard work you put in.
6. Can you tell me some of your strengths that really helped you in life?
Passion would definitely take the lead. Along with long hours and determination. I feel I am someone who believes in her intuition a lot.
7. How do you want to improve yourself in the next year?
I need to take my brand across the world! So working towards that. ( Global acceptance)
8. Tell us about your proudest achievement?
Hahahaha, there a few! But wining the emerging designer of the year within 8 months of starting my labour was super exciting!
9. Who has impacted you most in your life and how?
Without a doubt my Mother- she has been my anchor. And post my marriage I feel my husband is definitely coming a close second!
10. Where would you like to be in life five years from now?
I would like to be on the Forbes cover- for being the most influential person! #dreambig and work towards them. Dreams do come true if you truly believe in them!
11. What was the most challenging moment in your writing journey so far?
Starting my company from scratch, not know what future holds was quite scary! Changing careers. Going from an employee to a business owner.
12. 2 Lines for BoltRaho
Bolteraho is such a great platform for individuals trying to expand and promote their business. Truly privileged to be a part of this. Keep growing!
Find her at: