2019 has finished, and 2020 begins. Before going to start, we wish you a happy new year. Today we are here to discuss the top 5 memorable moments in cricket from the last decade. The world of cricket is full of so many controversies, records, three world cup tournaments, four world t20 tournament, champion’s trophy the beginning of test champion’s trophy. Get the updates on the https://www.10cric.com/cricket/ It is tough to pick the top 5 memorable moments from the last decade. But we manage to pick the moments that created history in the books of cricket from the previous decade.
Let’s start with one of the best and extraordinary performances of Sachin Tendulkar.
- The first double century in ODI cricket: – 24th February 2010, the master blaster again created the history. The match was played at Gwalior against South Africa. Before this match, the record of most scored runs, most centuries and half centuries, was also held by Sachin Tendulkar. Sachin had scored 200 runs in the last over of the innings and created history once again. Several players came very close to the score of 200 in the past but never touched the line of the double century in ODI cricket. After this match, seven more double centuries have been scored in ODI cricket by different players from different teams. Still, another player from India named as robot Sharma had scored a double century for three times.
- 2011 world cup final: – The captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni was leading team India in the 2011 world cup tournament. Team India had performed very well in the whole competition and reached in the final match. All the cricket fans of India came together to support their nation. The game was played at Wankhede stadium that was full of audience. The man of the tournament, Yuvraj Singh had cancer, yet gave his best performance in that tournament. The hero of the game was Mahendra Singh Dhoni who finished the game in his style by hitting a huge six and also performed very well in the game. The fans from all over India celebrated that historic victory with drums.
- England won test series against India: – England never won any test series against India in the last 30 years from 2012. The test series was played in India and England defeated India after almost 30 years, and this was the only series of the decade that India lost at home. The first match of the series was played in Ahmadabad and India defeated England, but the England team came back strongly and won the series. Kevin Pietersen had scored 186 at Wankhede, and Swann took 19 wickets in the second match of the series. The last match was played at Kolkata in Nagpur and England draw the winning line in India since 1984-85.
- God of cricket retired: – In the year 2013, Sachin Tendulkar announced his retirement from all the formats of cricket. The man with the record of highest scored runs, in all forms, centuries and other several records, brought tears in the eyes of every individual present in the stadium by his retirement speech. The last test match that Sachin played in his hometown and scored 74 runs. After the farewell speech, Sachin came back to the pitch to pay respect and made the moments more special and memorable.
- Pakistan won the champions trophy: – The champion’s trophy and match between India and Pakistan are enough to bring the nation together. Cricket battle between these two teams, also known as ‘mother of all battles.’ Pakistan managed somehow to reach in the finals on champion’s trophy in the year 2017 that was unpredictable.
Except from the toss, everything happened in favor of Pakistan on that day, such as Fakhar Zaman nicked a ball when he was only at three, and that was a no-ball, and after that, he smashed 114 runs in 128 balls. Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, and Shikhar Dhawan went back to the dressing room when the team was only at 33 runs. Because of the poor performance of the Indian team, the result of the match was unexpected. Team Pakistan won the trophy of the tournament.