Chapped lips have always been there for me whenever everyone leaves. Is that the way? I was unable to handle my dry and chapped lips and so I went for some intriguing yet effective home remedies.
- However, over time I have realized that the thirst of water and under moisturized lips made my lips even dry and chapped.
- So, a small beauty tip that I want to announce here is regarding drinking water to ensure you are hydrated throughout the day.
- Moving on I have some crazy home remedies which are TRIED & TESTED and work amazingly well for my dry and chapped lips.
Why your lips are getting chapped and dry?
But, before that here are the reasons which you must know before working on solutions. The prime reasons for dry and chapped lips are –
- Excessive cold weather
- Licking the lips too often.
- Less moisturization on lips and around the lip area.
- Too much sun exposure.
- Any irritating ingredient may cause chapped lips.
After everything people try millions of solutions to cure chapped lips. One of the most common includes using lip balm. Lip balm is undeniably a flourishing way to moisturize your lips during the daytime but, it is a temporary option.
Effective Home Remedies to treat chapped lips within a week!
The permanent ones include home remedies to treat dry and chapped lips. Some of the most effective ones are listed below –
- As we all know that coconut oil has some crazy benefits for health, hair and skin.
- The oil has been a dominant ingredient for everyone so, it’s the right time to use it for your chapped lips.
- It is a natural ointment which helps softens the lips and, heals the chapped ones.
- Use it every day in the night on your lips and see the magic.
Sugar scrub – Home Remedies that are worth trying
- Sugar scrub is like a forever favourite and works like magic on dry and flaky lips.
- Castor sugar is amazing as it removes the dead layer of the lips and, replaces it with softness and smoothness.
- The idea and DIY is a simple one. Just take a bowl and mix a pinch of castor sugar and, a few drops of olive oil and honey.
- Use this mixture 2-3 times a week to avoid dryness and dead layer in your lips.
Beeswax – Home remedies that work really well!
- An ingredient that is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory in nature is just an ideal pick for dry lips.
- You can use beeswax on your lips to prevent them from getting chapped.
- A tip here is to use a lip product which contains beeswax.
- You can also make your own DIY lip healer by mixing beeswax with almond oil.
- Either way, work amazingly well for your lips.
Almond oil – The saviour
- You might be thinking of how oils are adequate to provide ultimate nourishment to your lips.
- But, here’s the deal. The oils have 2 times healing capacity than that of a lip balm.
- So, make sure to moisturize your lips with almond oil at night.
Tips that will help you prevent chapped lips
- Stay hydrated – Hydration is the key to ace any issue. So, make sure to stock on water. Try to drink at least 4ltrs water per day to avoid any skin issues including chapped lips.
- Exfoliate it twice – Before jumping on to the best lip balms, it is very important to exfoliate your lips twice or thrice a week. It will remove all the dead cells and layer from the lips and, makes it clean and supple.
- Avoid bad habits – Habits like smoking and drinking may worsen your lips. Try not to indulge in such activities.
- Elude licking your lips – Many people have this habit of licking their lips. I request them to stop is ASAP. Licking the lips may cause further damage to your already dry lips.